Friday 19 August 2016

My favourite self tanners

When I was in my teens and early twenties, I used to worship the sun. My best friend and I would lay out by my parents pool literally every day in the summer. The worst part is, we would totally lather on the baby oil and just roast.  So, so awful. If you're a teen reading this...please, pleaaaase don't do this. Use sun screen! You'll still get a nice tan.

Now that I'm more educated on how harmful the sun can be, skin cancer is my #1 fear, and wrinkles are a concern I have now that I'm in my 30's.  So I use a mineral sun screen and just self tan if I have a special event or if i just want to look more tanned.

So that's what this post is about, self tanning lotions! I've used a lot of them over the years. But there's two that I've been using for a couple years now and I thought I'd share them with you.

The first is the St. Tropez Luxe Dry Oil.

I've tried many of the St. Tropez self tanners but I really love this one. I've used this for a few years now. And here's why:
  • It doesn't have a bad smell
  • It doesn't go streaky. It's a dark oil so you can see it going on as you apply it.
  • It gives you a nice glow-not the orange look
  • It dries quickly!
  • It lasts a few days! Some only last a day or two, but you can definitely get a few more days out of this one.


My next fav (and I use this one once a week) is the Tanceuticals Body and Face Self Tanners.


  • It doesn't smell bad. It actually smells yummy.
  • It doesn't go orange. I have the dark and it gives you a nice bronze glow.
  • But what I really love about this is, my skin looks so amazing the next day. Seriously. I even use this on my face if I'm having skin issues and most of the time my skin looks better the next day.
So those are my two favourites right now, and have been for a couple years. I have heard Loving tan Bronzing Mousse is really good. I'd like to try it eventually but I've just been so happy with what Ive been using. Maybe once I run out, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Happy tanning!



L
xo


















Post a Comment