Thursday 23 October 2014

DIY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE



Since it's fall, and pumpkins are EVERYWHERE, I thought I'd share a warm and cozy recipe with you! 

I've seen a lot of recipes for a make-it-yourself pumpkin spice latte. So I'll tell you what worked for me. 




Ingredients: 

Btw- The measurements are just guidelines. I suggest playing around to see what you like the best.

  • 1/4 almond milk-plain or vanilla (you can also use 1% milk) 
  • 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree 
  • 1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
  • Few drops of vanilla
  • Sprinkle of cinnamon 
  • Organic sugar or stevia if you'd like
  • 8 ounces of coffee or espresso


Directions:

So here's the longer version ( it really doesn't take that long, maybe 2 minutes).


  1. Brew your coffee
  2. While that's brewing, warm up almond milk and pumpkin puree on the stove for a couple minutes
  3. Add your spices
  4. Mix everything together in a magic bullet or blender for a couple seconds
  5. Combine coffee and milk together, adding vanilla and sugar.
  6. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!

Now here's the quicker version for the not-so-morning person.



  1. Brew coffee
  2. Stir in a spoonfull of pumpkin puree
  3. Add milk, vanilla, sugar
  4. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top and enjoy!

Here's a tip- for this version you have to keep stirring your coffee every so often because the pumpkin puree will gather at the bottom of the cup and it'll be a little thick.

Let me know how you like it and please let me know any other warm and cozy recipes you have!


Post a Comment