Saturday 12 January 2013

Beauty Post (Mostly natural remedies)

We've been watching a lot of food documentaries lately, which has put me in this health kick mood for 2013. We started juicing, which I found really annoying and time consuming at first. But eventually you get used to it and it's really no big deal. I actually look forward to doing it now because you feel so good afterwards.
Anyways, I've been trying more natural beauty products. I'll let you know a few of my favorites.

The first is Coconut Oil. I'm sure you've heard many people swear by this. There's so many things you can use it for beauty wise, and also to cook with (it doesn't taste like coconuts). It's hard so you have to run it under hot water to liquify it, then you can use it as a hair mask, lip treatment, face and body moisturizer, etc. It's really great and you'll notice your hair feeling healthier right away.

Another hair product I've been using is Wen. I kept reading great reviews about this product. A bunch of celebrities also use it: The cast of Desperate Housewives, Ellen Degeneres, Charlize Theron, Jenny Garth, Christina Applegate, and Halle Berry just to name a few. So I was like, this has to be good! So I tried it. Now it's not a shampoo, it's a cleansing conditioner, so it doesn't lather. I have fine hair but I can usually go 2-3 days without washing my hair. When I used this I felt I had to use it everyday. So I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Overall I'm not crazy about the cleansing conditioner, but the hair mask is awesome.

Did you know that our skin absorbs up to 60% of what we apply to our skin? That's crazy, considering how many chemicals facial products have in them. So with that being said, I'll move on to my favorite face mask.....EGG WHITES! I know, it's kinda like, "ew, gross". But most facial masks make me break out. Egg whites don't, and they tighten up your pores. I just did the mask last night and my makeup went on flawlessly afterwards.


Another great beauty remedy is Apple Cider Vinegar. It has so many health benefits! Clears skin, helps with weight loss, lowers cholesterol, helps to prevent brittle teeth and hair loss (just to name a few).We have this book "Natural Cures They don't want you to know about" By Kevin Trudeau and the most common cure for any sickness in the book is apple cider vinegar. So even if you can't stand the taste, drink it! You should have two tablespoons with 8oz of water a day. I plug my nose and drink it quickly. I just keep thinking, "GOODBYE CELLULITE!" Because it also helps diminish cellulite. Some people suggest putting a bit of honey or a splash of juice to hide the taste. Or if you really can't stand the taste, you can also mix some with body oil and rub it onto your cellulite areas. 
Last, but not least. Bananas!! To whiten your teeth! Who knew right? It's actually the inside of the peel. Make sure your teeth are dry and rub the inside peel on your teeth. I usually keep it on for 5-10 minutes, but you kinda have to keep your mouth open so your teeth don't get wet. Then just wipe it off afterwards. I've only done it a few times but I've noticed a difference.
So that's what I've been up to lately, trying to start the year off healthy. If you guys have any natural beauty remedies, let me know! I'm always looking for more. 

Oh and also..just a tip for you sun goddesses. (I know, I am one too.) I see all these young girls who say, " I tan my whole body, but I use sunscreen on my face so I don't get wrinkles." Which is awesome! Good for you girls. But you should actually be using that sunscreen on your neck and chest (if not your whole body). It's the FIRST place women show signs of aging. Who really wants cleavage wrinkles? I'm guilty of not wearing sunscreen. When I was a teenager my best friend and I would use baby oil to tan ALL the time. I smartened up in my mid 20's after learning how important sunscreen is, so hopefully I'll be saved from cleavage wrinkles.  If not, I'm sure there's some type of surgery or peel for it.








Post a Comment